Monday 17 February 2014

Radio Nora - Introduction



Hello medium and shortwave radio amateur.
When I was a young boy, during the 60’s/70’s, I loved to play with my parents’ Philips tube broadcast receiver.
Since those days I’m hooked to the fascinating world of radio.
At the age of 13 I built my first transmitter. Solid state.
Shortly after that first step, different small transmitters were built. Tubes as the EL84, 6L6 and eventually an 807 were used for MW  transmissions.
Real radios glow in the dark. So tubes is what you will find in my hobby studio.
Currently using homemade tube AM transmitters and modulators.
Current equipment:
MW low power transmitter using an 814 tube in the final, 50 watts output.
MW/SW medium power transmitter using an 813 in the final, 175 watt output.
The modulator for both transmitters is a class B with 2 x 811a tubes.
MW antenna: Base loaded vertical
SW Antenna: Dipole in an inverted V configuration.



Not a huge powerhouse, but enough to have a lot of fun on the different bands.

All the best from the north east part of Holland.
radionora@hotmail.com

No comments: